Med spas have become more popular than traditional beauty spas. Medical spas are a way to experience a relaxing environment aligned with procedures that are designed to treat multiple physical ailments. Medical doctors are in charge of operating med spas, unlike your traditional day spa. If you go to a med spa, you will more than likely receive treatment from a plastic surgeon or a dermatologist. Med Spa Greenwood Village offers various services for their clients to receive at their convenience.
Benefits & Services Offered
There are various benefits of med spas that you can take advantage of to look and feel your best. You can benefit from various services aimed at getting rid of age-related lines and fine wrinkles. Med spas offer a relaxing environment, treatments for chronic conditions, and much more.
Some of the services that are offered at med spas include:
- Botox injections- Botox injections are aimed at reducing the appearance of wrinkles and making your face look more rejuvenated and youthful. It is one of the most popular cosmetic treatments.
- Chemical peels- Chemical peels are aimed at improving your skin’s appearance on the hands, neck, and face using a chemical solution applied directly to the skin which causes it to eventually peel off in the course of several days. You can expect less wrinkled and smoother skin.
- Microneedling- Another cosmetic procedure, microneedling, involves making small pricks in the skin using needles to help your body produce more elastin and collagen, leaving your skin looking and feeling much younger.
- Facials- Facials are designed to exfoliate and cleanse the skin, resulting in the removal of oil, dirt, and other impurities from your skin. Facials will leave your skin clear and healthy.
- Laser hair removal- Laser hair treatments are designed to inhibit the future growth of hair using a laser to penetrate hair follicles.
- Acne treatments – There are various treatments designed to inhibit the product of sebum and even unclog your pores.
- And more
There is no “right” candidate for a med spa. If you are someone who thinks you need to improve your appearance, then you are a good candidate for a med spa. However, you should call and consult with a physician to see if you can benefit from treatments given at a med spa.
Med Spa VS. Traditional Day Spa
The biggest difference between a medical spa and a traditional day spa is that there are different procedures offered by both. Services that cannot be offered at your average day spa, can be done at a med spa. Med spas must also be affiliated with or run by a medical doctor. Even if the procedures are not actually performed by a doctor, they are done under the supervision of one. Every state has different rules and regulations pertaining to whether or not a doctor needs to be present at the facilities.